2018 Summer Data Workshop
Using the Panel Component of IPUMS CPS
June 4-6, 2018 at the Minnesota Population Center at the University of Minnesota
IPUMS CPS is accepting applications for its summer workshop, designed to familiarize researchers with the under-utilized panel component of the CPS. The workshop is targeted towards graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career faculty from social science disciplines.
The workshop will include:
- presentations from the research team that developed IPUMS CPS and experienced CPS researchers
- lab sessions with hands-on experience using CPS longitudinally
- small-group sessions to discuss CPS research ideas with others who have similar interests
Applications are due March 2, 2018.
Applicants should submit
- information about their professional backgrounds
- a short statement regarding their interest in using the panel component of CPS
- a letter of support form an advisor or senior colleague
Up to $1,000 in expenses for the workshop will be covered; eligible expenses include domestic air fares, local transportation costs, and hotel accommodations.
Check back soon for more information and application details.
A printable flyer with information about the data workshop is also available.
Support for this workshop is provided by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute on Child Health and Human Development (R01HD067258).