- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
1962-1987: 99+ coded as 99
1988-2001: 90+ coded as 90
2002-2003: 80+ coded as 80
2004-onward: 80-84 coded as 80, 85+ coded as 85
Age gives each person's age at last birthday.
Apart from differences in the top-coded value, this variable is completely comparable across all years. However, there may be inaccurate age values in the 2003-2010 samples; see this page for more information.
Comparability with IPUMS-USA
Other than differences in the top-coded value, AGE is completely comparable in IPUMS-USA and IPUMS-CPS.
- 1962-1967 (ASEC): Persons age 14+ (pre-1968 samples do not include persons under age 14).
- 1968+ (ASEC): All persons.
- January 1976-December 1988, excluding October samples (non-ASEC): Persons age 14+
- 1976 October, 1977 October: Persons age 3+
- 1989+ (non-ASEC): All persons.
|1962 – 1975||-||-||X||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1976 – 2020||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|