- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
Codes and Frequencies
PMOVIES reports whether the respondent went to the movies during the last 12 months.
This variable is part of the Public Arts Supplement.
PMOVIES is a Module C variable in the May 2008 sample, a Module A1 variable in the July 2012 sample, and a Module D variable in the July 2017 sample. For more information on cores, modules, and weighting Public Arts variables, please see Weighting the IPUMS CPS Public Arts Supplement.
Supplement universes vary across years. The May 2008, July 2012, and July 2017 Public Arts Supplement has substantial differences in structure compared to other months. The May 2008, July 2012, and July 2017 surveys are divided into core and module sections. Which respondents and which variables are included in which core and module varies across years. For more information on Public Arts survey designs and implications for comparability and weighting, please see the Public Arts Supplement sample notes and Weighting the IPUMS CPS Public Arts Supplement.
- Aug 2002: Civilians age 18+ in rotation groups 4 and 8.
- May 2008: Selected civilians age 18+ in rotation groups 4 and 8.
- Jul 2012 and Jul 2017: Selected civilians age 18+ in rotation groups 3, 4, 7, and 8.
- Feb 2013 and Feb 2015: Selected civilians age 18+ in rotation groups 3 and 7.
- Feb 2020: Selected civilians age 18+ in rotation groups 2, 3, 6, and 7.