- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
This variable is not available for any of the currently selected samples.
WSFLEXHRS reports whether respondents have the ability to vary when they begin and end the work day.
This variable is part of the Work Schedules Supplement.
In most years, self-employed are excluded from the universe. "Self-employed" includes "incorporated self-employed" in 1985, but not in other years.
In 1985, 6,214 individuals were in-universe for the Work Schedules Supplement but did not answer the supplement questions. These individuals have been coded as "No Response" if they met WSFLEXHRS universe criteria.
This variable is otherwise comparable across available samples.
- 1980: Persons age 14+ who are currently employed and were at work last week. Excludes self-employed.
- 1981: Persons age 14+ who are currently employed, were at work last week, and were in rotation groups 4 or 8. Excludes self employed.
- 1985: Persons age 14+ who are currently employed. Excludes self-employed (both incorporated and unincorporated).
- 1989, 1997, 2001, 2004: Persons age 15+ who are currently employed.
- 1991: Persons age 15+ who are currently employed. Excludes self-employed.
|1980 – 1981||-||-||-||-||X||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|