- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
Codes and Frequencies
FULLPART indicates whether respondents who were employed during the previous calendar year worked full-time or part-time. Full-time work is defined as thirty-five hours a week or more. Beginning in 1976, more detailed information on hours worked during the previous year is available in UHRSWORKLY.
Apart from changes in the universe, this variable is completely comparable across years.
Researchers interested only in data for later years may prefer the more detailed information in the UHRSWORKLY variable in IPUMS-CPS (beginning in 1976) and the UHRSWORK variable in IPUMS-USA (beginning in 1980).
- 1962-1967: Civilians coded as "match" on FEBMAR who worked the previous year (pre-1968 samples do not include persons under age 14).
- 1968-1979: Civilians 14+ who worked the previous year.
- 1980-1989: Civilians 15+ who worked the previous year.
- 1990-2019: Persons 15+ who worked the previous year.
- 2019-2022 ASEC: Persons 15+
|1962 – 2022||-||-||X||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|