- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
Codes and Frequencies
FSWROUTY indicates if, in the past year, the household was worried that they would run out of food and not be able to afford more. Households are also asked whether this occurred in the past 30 days FSWROUTMO.
This question is one of the 18 items used to construct the 12-month household food security scale, FSSTATUS. Only households with incomes below 185% of poverty and higher income households that indicate food access problems in response to preliminary screening questions are asked FSWROUTY and other questions in the Food Sufficiency and Food Security section of the supplement.
This variable is generally comparable over available years since 1995, and the universe is generally consistent since 1998. Prior to 1998, the screening procedures that determined which responding households were screened into the food security assessment changed each year. Researchers will need to use FSSCREEN to identify a consistent analytic sample when including data before 1998. In 2000, households in months-in-sample 8 were asked an experimental version of this question and are not included here.
- Apr 1995: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under 1995 screening procedures.
- Sep 1996: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under 1996 screening procedures.
- Apr 1997: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under 1997 screening procedures.
- 1998-1999 2001+: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under current screening procedures.
- Sep 2000: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under current screening procedures in months-in-sample 1-7 .
- Apr 2001: Households in months-in-sample 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 that are screened into the food security assessment under current screening procedures.
|2002 – 2018||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||X|