- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
This variable is not available for any of the currently selected samples.
FSBUYMR indicates whether in the past year the food purchased by the household ever ran out before the household could afford to purchase more food. Households are also asked whether this occurred in the past 30 days FSBUYMRMO.
This question is one of the 18 items used to construct the 12-month household food security scale, FSSTATUS. Only households with incomes below 185% of poverty and higher income households that indicate food access problems in response to preliminary screening questions are asked FSBUYMR and other questions in the Food Sufficiency and Food Security section of the supplement.
This variable is generally comparable over available years since 1995, and the universe is consistent since 1998. Prior to 1998, the screening procedures that determined which responding households were screened into the food security assessment changed each year. Researchers will need to use FSSCREEN to identify a consistent analytic sample when including data before 1998.
- Apr 1995: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under 1995 screening procedures.
- Sep 1996: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under 1996 screening procedures.
- Apr 1997: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under 1997 screening procedures.
- 1998-2020: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under current screening procedures.
- Apr 2001: Households that are screened into the food security assessment under current screening procedures and are in months-in-sample 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8.
|2002 – 2020||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||X|