- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
This variable is not available for any of the currently selected samples.
EDGED indicates whether an individual completed high school by means of an equivalency test, such as the GED. The question was asked only of selected young adults as part of the education supplement. A related variable, EDDIPGED, pertains to a broader universe of respondents, is derived from the basic monthly survey, and distinguishes GED recipients from traditional high school diploma recipients.
This variable is part of the Education Supplement
- Oct 1988: Persons age 14-24 who have completed high school
- Oct 1989 and Oct 1990: Persons age 15-24
- Oct 1991: Persons age 15-24 who have completed high school
- Oct 1992: Persons age 15-24 who are not enrolled or are attending school for higher than 12th grade
- Oct 1993: Persons age 15-29 who are high school or college graduates
- Oct 1998 and Oct 1994: Persons age 15-29
- Oct 1995-1997, 1999-2007: Persons age 15-29 with a high school diploma
- Oct 2008+: Persons age 15-29 who are not enrolled or are attending school for higher than 12th grade
|1988 – 2018||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||X||-||-|