- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
Codes and Frequencies
CINTJBSR indicates whether or not a person has used the internet to search for jobs.
This variable is part of the Computer Internet Supplement.
1998 and 2000 refer only to home internet use while all other years refer to internet use anywhere.
Also, in 1998 and 2000 the respondent was asked if searching for jobs was a REGULAR use of the internet, in all other years the question asks if the internet was used to search for jobs THIS YEAR.
Researchers should also note the universe changes between samples.
- Dec 1998 and Aug 2000: Civilians, age 3 or older, who use the internet.
- Sep 2001 and Oct 2003: Civilians, age 15 or older, who use the internet.
- Jul 2011: Civilians, age 3 or older, who reported using the internet in the last year.
- Oct 2012: Civilians, age 3 or older, who are primary respondents for households in which someone uses the internet.
- Jul 2013: Randomly selected civilian, age 15 or older, who uses the internet and is in MISH 2-4 or 6-8.
- Jul 2015, Nov 2017, and Nov 2019: Randomly selected civilian, age 3 or older.