- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
This variable is not available for any of the currently selected samples.
CINTFUN indicates whether or not a person uses the internet for games and/or entertainment.
This variable is part of the Computer Internet Supplement.
1998 and 2000 refer only to home internet use while all other years refer to internet use anywhere.
The wording for this question changed between the 2000 and 2001 samples. Prior to 2001 the question asks about games, entertainment, and fun. 2001 and after only asks about playing games.
Also, in 1998 and 2000 the respondent was asked if games/entertainment was a REGULAR use of the internet, in all other years the question asks if the internet was used for games/entertainment THIS YEAR.
Researchers should also note the universe changes between samples.
- Dec 1998 and Aug 2000: Civilians, age 3 or older, in a household with devices connected to the internet, or someone who accesses the internet.
- Sep 2001 and Oct 2003: Civilians, age 3 or older, who access the internet.
- Jul 2011: Civilians, age 3 or older, who reported using the internet in the last year.
- Oct 2012: Civilians, age 3 or older, who are primary respondents for a household in which someone uses the internet.
- Jul 2013: Randomly selected civilian, age 15 or older, who uses the internet and is in MISH 2-4 or 6-8.