- Questionnaire Text
- UnHarmonized Variables
This variable is not available for any of the currently selected samples.
For 1997, 2001 and 2003, this variable asks whether a computer was used to work at home. For 2011, this question asks whether the person relies on the Internet to work from home or to telecommute. For 2013, this question asks whether the person relies on the Internet to telecommute. Thus, answers for 2011 and 2013 are not directly comparable to earlier years.
Researchers should also note the universe changes between samples.
- Oct 1997: Civilians, age 15 or older, who use a computer connected to the internet at home.
- Sep 2001 and Oct 2003: Civilians, age 15 or older, who have a job and use a computer at home.
- Jul 2011: Civilians, age 3 or older, who reported using the internet in the last year.
- Oct 2012: Civilians, age 3 or older, who are primary household respondents in households where someone uses the internet.
- Jul 2013: Randomly selected civilian, age 15 or older, in MISH 2-4 or 6-8, who uses the internet.
- 2011+: Randomly selected civilian, age 3 or older.